Friday, September 10, 2010

1 fish 2 fish Red fish Blue fish.......

If it were only as simple as a nursery book, lol!



Well -my third clutch of baby clownfish should be hatching around Sept.13th or 14th.
I am going to make sure I get plenty of rest next time around by doing things abit differently.
First off, I have placed a mini terra cotta pot into the tank, the same night they laid the current batch of eggs. They are still laying on the back wall - but the female has been in and out of the pot several times a day- cleaning it, pecking it, rubbing against it. So hopefully she will lay the next set of eggs in the pot... then I will be able to move the pot of eggs to the larval tank- as opposed to sitting up all night and syphoning out invisible larvae, lol!

I am very excited to get past my first week post hatch...so far I have gotten to day #6 after the little buggers first managed to squiggle their way into my world. That was as far as it has gone. I am working on getting the batches past the first week, through the metamorphosis stage- with helpful tips from the guys and gals on the MBI forum and of course on Reef Central and Captive Reefs.

I am eager to see the entire process through to the end!

For those that have been keeping tabs on my thread over at Reef Central - be sure you are following it now- there are CHANGES BEING MADE- new posts, new information- so check it out:
Reef Central : Chelle's Ocean
 And be sure you pass it on to ANYONE who is in the saltwater hobby. Whether they are selling or fragging- they need to know what's going on with this, and what the outcome will be. Many are now involved... so....... stop by for a visit.
(But I warn you.....
 grab a cup of coffee and a danish before logging on, lol, it's a long thread!)

Have a great evening everyone- and be sure to remember to click on the icon in the upper right of my screen when reading the daily posts, if you haven't already.

                                      We Need Your Support To Help Save Our Reefs!


No comments:

Post a Comment