Sunday, February 14, 2010

                        Ocala Reef Aquarium Fish Club 
                              Inaugural Meeting

Those that know me, know how much I love my aquarium...my "piece of the ocean". And that we travel to get to a good LFS that we trust. There are plenty of clubs around the US, but none here, in our immediate area. Bummed, I had done a search, and the closest to us was out in Tampa. After mulling it over for abit..... I decided that maybe I should just start my own club. For the reef lovers around me. Low and behold as I went to TanksALot in Ocala (by the way...it was Bill's birthday on Friday- Happy Birthday to him!), I happened to be in line behind a gentleman starting a club in Ocala! So I (sorry) interrupted his conversation to ask some questions- and was glad I did.
Here is what is coming up:
Sunday March 7, 2010 at 3pm , Raul will be hosting the first meeting of the Ocala Reef Club. You will be able to meet representatives from the LFS, hear a presentation for the upcoming MACNA Reef Aquarium Conference in Orlando, hear what Ocala's FIRST Reef Club hopes to accomplish, meet and share experiences with fellow hobbyists, door prizes to be donated by LFS- as well as refreshments and the view of Raul's 65 gallon reef tank!
Here is the official flyer I grabbed while there....

This is your official invitation!!!

pass it on to anyone you know who lives in or around Ocala who is currently in the hobby, or thinking of becoming a reefer- the more the merrier!
Look forward to seeing you there-
Make sure to R.S.V.P. to Raul at 352-454-8524 by 3/1/2010 so he can get an estimated head count.

1 comment:

  1. Mann! 2 bad I don't live in the Ocala area, it seems like that would be a very nice outing event! Oh Well! Enjoy ya self and be safe. *smile*

    ReplyDelete