Sunday, December 27, 2009

A New Start For The New Year.......
Yes- I realize I am about 5 days early on the resolutions.... but hey, you can never be too early when it comes to doing something better for yourself, right?
As the holidays come to an end...yup- you guessed it... I ate ALOT , AGAIN.
I am looking forward to making a BIG pot of my most favorite 'slimming' soup. It is so good, and good for you that I thought I would share in case anyone wanted to do something lighter- as opposed to the heavy holiday foods we've all been delighting in.
Here is the recipe:
Veggie Slim Soup
3 tomatoes
3 green peppers (keep and use ALL the seeds-as the capsaicin helps to jumpstart your metabolism)
1 bunch spring onions
1 bunch celery w/leaves
2 cups fresh green beans
1 bag carrots
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans BEEF or VEGETABLE broth
2 cups water
1 packet dry soup mix (onion or vegetable)
2 stock cubes (chicken,vegetable, or beef)
* Chop all vegetables into small pieces (you judge the size you want)
* Place all veggies into a BIG pot
* Add the remaining ingredients
* Salt & Pepper to taste (But not too much salt...don't ruin the objective of the soup being healthy for you)
* BOIL rapidly for 2 minutes, then simmer until all is nice and tender - about 1 hour or so.
(add more water if a thinner broth is desired)
*** Eat this soup for all meals for 1 week. *** Eat fruit as snacks ***
Note: I have added the following after a few days here and there...just to change it up a bit:
corn
shredded chicken
diced jalepenos
top with shredded cheese
add salsa...spicy!
Well, that's my favorite soup recipe, I hope you give it a try... I will be featuring a weekly recipe here, so
be sure to check in often...and don't forget to invite a friend! Just send them my link.


1 comment: