Thursday, June 3, 2010

What a Wonderful Treat!

I was given the opportunity to review a candle handcrafted by a fellow blogger... Angela Beechan.
You can find her and lots of goodies at http://www.angiewith2.blogspot.com/ .
Now, the candle that I received was a deliciously scented Lemon Bundt Cake. It's a very warm, creme yellow colored soy candle. Soy, much better all around. The burn time on this little beauty is phenomenal- it has been burning for several hours, for several days, and still- it is going strong. The first things that you notice are always the littlest things: the wick. This baby has not once crumbled, or fallen apart and left those nasty little black bits in my candle (I really hate when that happens!) But this wick is staying true to its job!
The color as I mentioned is a warm, creme colored yellow- and blends with any room you place it in. The scent, a delicious lemon aroma fills the air, with hints of an italian cookie lingering all around you. It's all housed in a delicately etched glass mason jar, that as the candle burns, the image of etched fruit glows with the light of the flame. The jar itself, remains cool to the touch- which is very good, if you are like me, and tend to take your candles here and there. I actually blew the candle out and was taking it with me to show a friend, and realized how cool to the touch the glass was. I am definitely pleased with this candle.
Angela, thank you for sharing it with me. I will be passing your link along in comments, and I wish you the best in your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment