Friday, January 29, 2010

Sheeesh! After all these tournaments, you'd think I would know better - but we are supporting the schools when buying from concession....and we always bring subs....so needless to say I have now gained 3 pounds from my previous starting point. Now I am working on losing 22 lbs. UGH! But no worries. I am hitting the trail today. And the gym this weekend.





Here is another great protein shake recipe I found for those who enjoy them. Keep the comments coming, and please share a recipe of the protein shakes you mix up... I will post them here for others to enjoy as well!

Pina Colada Protein Shake


Ingredients:

• 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
• 1/2 c pineapple-orange juice*
• 1/4 tsp rum extract
• 1/4 tsp coconut extract (or 2 tbsp shredded coconut)
• 1 packet artificial sweetener
• 4 oz. water (or low-fat milk)
• 3-6 ice cubes
*Low-carb version: Omit juice and use 1/2 tsp sugar-free pineapple-orange drink mix (dry). Increase water or milk to 8 oz.
Directions:
Add all ingredients to blender, whip, and serve.









1 comment: